Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Frill Grill

I have been eating at No Frill Grill (1620 Laskin Rd, VA Beach 757-425-2900 and 806 Spotswood Ave Norfolk, 757-627-4262) for about 10 years now and the funny thing is, I've always eaten the same thing and it has always been as a togo order. At one point I ate there once a day, 5 days a week for several months straight, and my food-crack was/is the Funky Chicken Sandwich. It is one of my favorite sammy's in the area and I guess it's just a unique sandwich and that's why I like it. A large lip smackin grilled chicken breast on grilled rye with melty swiss cheese, crispy bacon, juicy tomato and a pepper parm dressing. Like I said been eating them for 10 years and I'm still not sure who it was that told me about the Funky Chicken sandwich, but thank you. There are obviously other menu items, I just choose not to explore them, this is kinda my 1 place for 1 thing spot. The appetizers range from $6.99-$11.99 as well as salads from $8.99-$13.99. Their burgers, pitas, & sammy's range from $6.99-$10.49 and entrees from $11.99-$18.99. From what I hear the meatloaf is quality, the salads are excellent and the Kentucky hot brown is pretty tasty too. They also have daily lunch and dinner specials, so be sure to ask if calling in a togo order. Also when placing a togo order, if you have a special request to your order be sure to check it before you leave. There have been several occasions I have had a mistake on my order and by my own fault didn't notice till I had already left.
When picking up my order the staff has always been very friendly and polite, and the place is always busy, so they must be doing something right. Just from standing at the bar waiting for my order I noticed in the day time the crowd seems to be a mix of retirement center and attorney's more than anything else. Not to sure what the dinner scene is like, but if it's the same as the day time it's definitely not the hang out and have some drinks with the guys spot. I will continue to get my togo order for the Funky Chicken sandwich and you should swing thru there to, check it out, and post your comments here about your experience. Thanks for reading.


Terminator(I'll be back)

No Smoking

There is a small kids menu.

1 comment:

  1. I am a regular at the No Frill, especially the down town location. I have yet to have a bad experience there. The south west steak salad is fantastic, the chili is quality and the blackend tuna is excellent.

    ReplyDelete