Monday, February 15, 2010

Nappoli's Pizza

Nappoli's Pizza has been located in the Rose Hall Shoppes at 3101 Virginia Beach Blvd, VA Beach, VA. 23452 757-486-5001 for several years, and I have eaten there a couple of times a few years ago with out regard to the food, service, or anything else about the restaurant for that matter. However on a recent outing for lunch in which I was paying attention, I was pretty disappointed. Before ordering my lunch I decided to take a look at their website to see if there was any kind of lunch specials or a featured dish of the day. No featured dish but there was several daily special priced combos. I will say that with the website testimonials/reviews and pictures I thought I would be in for a real treat,not so much. On top of that when I went to pick up my order the lady that helped wasn't the friendliest person I have ever encountered when dining out.
I decided to take part in their daily special of any stromboli( I went for the meat stromboli) & a drink for $7.95 and since it is a pizza spot I grabbed a slice of NY style pie with sausage, just to see what they were working with. I know I am going to catch some shizz for this since I have yet to check out some pizza spots that have been recommended by friends that know their pizza, but to all of you I swear I will check them out soon. To start off with the pie was mediocre at best, it did have foldability like a good NY pie should have and it had the thin crisp dough with a crispy and chewy crust, but that's about where the good things end. The pie was bland, hardly any sauce at all, and some how they managed to make a dry pizza and it wasn't just from the lack of sauce. I can say that when I folded the slice to eat, there was no grease pouring off the back of the crust like with most NY style pie and that is a plus to me. Then there was the stromboli, I ordered the meat stromboli and though there was pepperoni, sausage, and I think salami too there was an over abundance of undercooked, basically raw peppers and onions. Not that I mind raw peppers and onions, but when it comes to my stromboli they kinda need to be cooked. It was served with a runny, oily marinara that had not only too much oil in it but too much oregano & thyme. To be perfectly honest the marinara was disgusting. AS with the slice of pie the stromboli was very dry and with the exception of the meats, there was no flavor. All in all the best part of the meal was the Pepsi that was part of the stromboli combo. I'm not sure if this is how the food and service normally are at Nappoli's now a days, but if it's how they've been doing things for all these years I'm not sure how they have made it so long. If it was just a one time thing then someone please let me know, so maybe I can try it again, but at this point you won't catch me back in that spot.

Kid friendly in the sense that they have high chairs and pizza, but I wouldn't take my nephew there to eat.

No Smoking as is the case with every spot in VA now.

It is definitely a Ramen Noodle.

1 comment:

  1. It-a no sound-a no good-a. I think-a I avoid-a like-a da plague-a! Thank You-a!

    Rocco

    ReplyDelete