Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

Ok so this is the first beer blog and the first blog of the new year. I have been drinking micro beers off and on since I was about 17 or 18 and yes I know it wasn't the legal drinking age but really who had the first beers when they were 21? Not to mention if you wanna start drinking beer underage it's better to drink quality micro beers than piss water or zima's. More recently I found out about Dogfish Head brewery's out of Deleware and man do they have some seriously good beers. I have tried a handful of their beers and talked to several folks about their beers and everyone has nothing but good things to say about them. My buddy Matty was the first person to tell me about the Dogfish Head World Wide Stout, and after that I started doing some research on it and it may not be the Bentley of beers, but it is for sure the Lambo/Ferrari of beers. Every thing I read had reviews that were all over the place, but had very high praises for the beer. They also described as more like a fine porter rather than a beer. I must say it is definitely like no beer I have ever had and not like any stout I have ever had. It has a very strong alcohol taste and smell, it also has what I describe as a funky over sweet flavor to it. When I say sweet I don't mean like chocolate/sugar, I mean like sugar that has gone bad if that is possible. It is for a dark beer although it is not a thick heavy beer like you would expect from a stout like a Guiness or Young's. There is very minimal head on the beer and as it sits in the glass it looks more like soda with no ice than it does a stout. When looking on the internet for what to drink the World Wide out of most everyone had it in a pint glass but several had in a snifter so I poured 1/2 of mine into a snifter and the other 1/2 into a pint glass and to me there was no real difference in taste. Personally not my favorite beer by far and even if someone offers to buy me another one I would have to decline for a beer I like more, not to mention at the price that this beer runs you don't wanna get one and not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment